04/09/2015

#SOS Hands

DSCN0722
A few months ago I had some problems with my hands, my fingertips started cracking in a way that I never seen. It looked like I grabbed a knife and cut my fingertips, the cracks went so deep that if I touched lemons it would sting beyond believe. 
After I finished the creams that I already had lying around at home like, Nivea, Neutrogena, Garnier, I went on a hunt for a hand cream that could help me heal, something more intensive, so these are the ones that I tried.

DSCN0722_numbers
L'Occitane (nº4), Dry Skin Hand Cream - contains honey, almond extract, coconut oil and 20% of shea butter - The most expensive cream of the bunch, was the first one that I decided to buy after I used up the ones that I already had at home. Since there was so much hype about it at the time, I decided to treat myself and buy one. Although it helped with the dry hands part, it is definitely moisturising and non-greasy, it didn't helped me with the cracks. For £19 most likely I won't buy this cream any time soon, unless they have a smaller size of it.

Lotil (nº5)- This was the cream that I hated the most because of the smell. It smells sooo, how can I describe it, plasticy, rubbery or something, it is very intense and horrid. I got this one at Boots at the counter, after I explained my problem the lady suggested this cream but it didn't work.

The Body Shop (nº6), Almond Hand and Nail Cream - contains sweet almond oil and Community Fair Trade Brazil nut oil - This one lets say it was a hand me down, the formula is super liquidy, specially comparing to the L'Occitane one that is super thick and again like the previous, good for dry hands but it didn't help me with my issue. (I should have used the Hemp one that they have.)

Aqueous Cream (nº7) - Emulsifying ointment, White soft paraffin and liquid paraffin - This was the last cream that I tried and the one that did the trick. Actually it was my boyfriend that bought me this cream, he went to some pharmacy, talked to someone there and they suggested this cream to him. The box that it came in, it had a baby on the cover and I remember asking my boyfriend "Wait is this like a baby's butt cream of some sort?", I have no idea if it is but I can assure you that it healed my fingertips and I was only using it in the morning when I left home and at night before going to bed.

Probably if I didn't worked (at the time) in a place that I constantly had to wash my hands the healing process would have been faster, although I honestly don't know what was the cause of the issue. Was it really just from washing my hand frequently, did I used some harsh chemicals or there was something wrong with my diet at the time and my immune system was down? The reason I don't know but if I ever have the same problem again I think I know how to deal with it. 
Have you guys suffered from something like this? Hope this post helps anyone that is going trough the same thing.

YOUTUBE ♥ INSTAGRAM ♥ TWITTER ♥ BLOGLOVIN'  FACEBOOK ♥ TUMBLR ♥ G PLUS
These pictures were taken and belong to Me/Karen U..

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. iiiiiiyeah sei que é um pouco abusado mas foi a única maneira até encontrar um creme que realmente trata-se as minhas mãos >.<
      xoxo
      K.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog. I really do appreciate.
If you are leaving me a comment PLEASE leave a link TO YOUR BLOG if you have one, so that I can reply and pay you a visit aswell.
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...